There are certain protocols that need to be maintained after any adult orthodontic teeth straightening treatment.
These are often customised for the specific treatment carried out and our Hertfordshire based cosmetic dentists will be able to advise you further on your exact post-orthodontic care program.
Your Personalised Post-Orthodontic Care Program will include:
- Retainers. These are placed on your teeth to ensure that the treatment remains “fixed” and does not change over time. This is an essential component of all adult orthodontic treatments.
- Periodontal (Gum) Care. Although orthodontic treatment tends to make it much easier to clean your teeth, you do need to keep up your regular hygiene visits. This is so your hygienist can make sure that there are no changes to the foundation of your gums, teeth and bone. Our Hertfordshire hygienist’s are Charlotte and Siobhan.
- Routine Dental Care. These are your regular checkups and examinations that you will be required to have with one of our dentists in Bishop’s Stortford. Amongst other things, our dentist will check for any signs of relapse or changes in the treatment that was previously carried out. This is an important appointment and you should adhere to the regularity of it.
- Teeth Whitening. Many patients can improve their smiles further by opting for Tooth Whitening treatments that brighten their already aligned teeth. This produces a very natural looking smile.
- Cosmetic Veneers. In order to achieve the “perfect smile” many patients often opt for cosmetic enhancement of the smile by having very thin veneers placed on the teeth after completing orthodontic treatment. These veneers are called Ultrathin Veneers and involve minimal or no preparation of the teeth since the teeth are already correctly aligned. The veneers are simply used to cosmetically improve the shape, form and colour of the teeth.