Dental Implants have provided an innovative solution to missing teeth. There is no other treatment that assimilates natural teeth as implants. It is a great fixed option with multiple advantages.
However, the success of this treatment is dependent upon the correct selection of the implant brand and type.
It is important to select only that implant which is the most compatible with the particular situation for the most optimal results. Browse our Dental Implant treatments.
Dental implants provide amazing advantages over other treatment solutions:
- Stops other tooth movements. Implants prevent a series of biological and physical cascading events such as tooth movement of other neighbouring teeth, excessive tooth wear and infection of stagnation areas.
- Restores missing teeth without any impact to the neighbouring teeth. Dental implants do not require the anchorage of any neighbouring teeth. For this reason, they provide an excellent solution to replacing missing teeth without the need for cutting down or treating other teeth.
- Dental implants restore chewing ability with confidence. People are able to use their teeth just like as if they didn’t have any missing teeth, hence this treatment provides a great realistic solution. They do not restrict what you can and cannot eat. Dental implants help to balance the bite and chewing forces thus preventing excessive tooth wear on remaining teeth and restoring occlusal harmony.
- Variable restorative solutions. They can be used in a variety of restorative ways and provide a great fixed solution to missing teeth. For example, dental implants can be used as fixed bridges, single implants with a crown or to retain dentures to make them less unstable. This also increases the confidence of the wearer since they know that the dental implant is not going to move or have to be taken out. They behave just like real teeth. How do we plan treatment?
- Bone Preservation. When teeth are taken out the remaining bone loses its function of root retention and thus tends to resorbs away. This is a similar concept to wasting away of unused muscle. It is called Bone Atrophy. Dental implants preserve the surrounding bone since it encourages osseointegration with bone thus restoring its primary function.
- Cosmetic Enhancement. Treatment with implants provide very realistic aesthetics and combined with other grafting procedures can be indistinguishable from natural teeth. There are now a whole host of implant brands and types that are uniquely catering for innovative aesthetic solutions.
- Implants provide good facial support. This is because they replace missing teeth and preserve the remaining bone which acts as a support to the facial musculature. This is especially true for the lips, as loss of front teeth can increase the number of lines and wrinkles visible at the mouth. Dental implants restore this support. Book your free consultation.
- Conservative treatment. Since none of the neighbouring teeth is being used to support the dental implant, they do not have to be treated or filed down and restored. Thus, implants are a great independent option when all the rest of the teeth are sound and good.
- Affordable. There is now a whole range of implant types, brands, techniques that cater to a wide spectrum of indications. For this reason, implants are fast becoming a cost-effective solution in treatment planning.
- Dental implants are easy to care for. They are cleaned in exactly the same way you would natural teeth and do not require complicated dental aids.
- Great long-term solution. Dental implants have an amazing success rate of 99%. There are numerous long-term clinical studies to support their treatment. They also provide predictable results.