In order to consider implant treatment you will need to have adequate height, volume and quality of bone in your jaw. We will determine this using radiographs (x-rays).
Also, we will need to check your medical health in detail to make sure nothing is contraindicated and that the procedure will be safe for you. All of this can be done by our experienced dentists in Hertfordshire.
Treatment Planning Implants
Before considering this treatment, we will need to have a consultation in our Hertfordshire practice so that we can determine your specific needs. We will then need to carry out an Implant Examination together with radiographs that will inform us to you suitability for the treatment. After this we will formulate a customised Treatment Plan having selected the right type of implant system for you.
This treatment plan will help us to understand the advantages and disadvantages of your specific treatment. This way we will be able to discuss any potential risks and help make this treatment as safe as possible. We also want to plan for great aesthetics and facial support.
In some instances you may need additional procedures such as Bone Grafts.
This is where we will need to add bone from other parts of body (or artificial bone) to the jaw to re-establish the required bone depth and height for the implant placement. You may also need Gum Grafts for better aesthetic results.
Essentially there are 3 components to each implant restoration:
- The Implant – this is the titanium rod that is placed into the jaw like a root.
- The Post – this secures the crown to the implant
- The Crown – this is the tooth looking part of the implant
There are two ways to place implants in the jaw and it is determined by when the original tooth was taken out.
Different Implant systems are selected depending on this factor.
- Delayed Placement. This is when the tooth is extracted and then we wait 3-4 months before placing implant. After this time we check the bone for its suitability and then place the implant in the jaw. We then have to wait for another 4-6 months for implant to connect with the bone. This process is called “Osseointegration”. We cannot proceed until the radiographs give us evidence that this has occurred. Once osseintegration occurred the implant is then suitable to restore with a crown and so impressions (moulds) are taken to create the post and crown.
- Immediate Placement. This is when the tooth is extracted and the implant is placed immediately on the day of extraction. We then place a transitional post and a temporary crown. This technique is also called “Same Day Implants”. Once the implant has integrated with the bone we are then set to produce the permanent post and crown.
The problem of loose dentures can now be solved successfully by fixing your dentures to implants.
Implants are a way of permanently replacing missing teeth.
Implants are more stable than other forms or tooth replacement and are completely non-detectable.
For the most affordable Implant options speak to the dentist or take a look at our InHouse Dental Plan or 0% financing option to see how you can save on your Implant costs.
For Implant options in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, contact us today for your FREE consultation to discuss treatment and pricing options.
Give us a call and talk to the Dentist about your implants today.
New Patient Sign Up
Life before Dental Implants:-
I had to use denture fixative at least twice a day to keep my partial denture secure. It was a pain having to carry an adhesive whenever I went out. Carbonated drinks seemed to dissolve the fixative quickly, so I couldn’t indulge in my favourite fizzy tipple.
Having to give presentations and attend meetings was a nightmare as my confidence was affected with loose teeth.
I didn’t know what could be done to solve my problem.
Why I had Dental Implants :-
Fate stepped in the day before I was due to go on holiday, my crown fell out. It was on a Sunday and my Dentist was not available. ( I have been with the same Dental surgery for 25+ years)
I was very stressed and telephoned numerous Dental Clinics. I left countless messages with emergency dental services. A local Dentist telephoned me Sunday evening and opened his surgery on the following day which was a Bank Holiday. He re fixed my Crown, which meant I could go straight from the surgery to the airport.
This wonderful service was enough for me to change Dentists.
Dr Opperman explained the advantages to having Dental Implants. I also researched implants on the internet. This seemed to be the perfect solution to my dental problem, I went ahead and had some implants.
Life after Dental Implants :-
I can now smile and talk (which I do a lot) with the utmost confidence. I no longer worry about my teeth being loose which gives me peace of mind. As a bonus I don’t have to use adhesive.
So thank you Dr Opperman for giving me back my confidence and smile.
Next: Learn About Implant Retained Dentures