Dental implants provide a great form of treatment for restoring missing teeth.
It is important that we consider all factors when deciding on the suitability of dental implant treatment. This is so that we can select the most appropriate solution that is the most ideal for you.
As soon as you book a free consultation at our dental clinic, we’ll be able to begin planning your unique treatment plan today.
Before considering this treatment, you will need to have a consultation in our Hertfordshire practice so that we can determine your specific needs. We will then need to carry out an Implant Examination together with radiographs that will inform us of your suitability for the treatment.
In order to consider implant treatment, we need to consider the height, volume and quality of bone in your jaw. We determine this using radiographs (x-rays).
Also, we will need to check your medical health in detail to make sure nothing is contraindicated and that the procedure will be safe for you. All of this can be done by our experienced dentists in Hertfordshire. Meet our dental team.
After this, we will formulate a customised Treatment Plan having selected the right type of implant system for you.
This treatment plan will help us to understand the advantages and disadvantages of your specific treatment. This way we will be able to discuss any potential risks and help make this treatment as safe as possible. We also want to plan for great aesthetics and facial support. Read more on dental implant benefits.
In some instances, you may need additional procedures such as Bone Grafts.
This is where we will need to add bone from other parts of the body (or artificial bone) to the jaw to re-establish the required bone depth and height for the implant placement. You may also need Gum Grafts for better aesthetic results.
The problem of loose dentures can now be solved successfully by fixing your dentures to implants. We also offer dependable denture treatments.
There are various considerations to be taken into account when Treatment Planning for Dental Implants:
- The number of teeth being replaced.
- The treatment goal whether aesthetic or function or both
- The choice of the preferred implant system.
- If any pre-implant treatments are required.
- The final required cosmetics.
- Any medical contra-indications.
- The condition of the remaining teeth.
- Do we need implant supported crowns, bridges or dentures?
- Is any temporary treatment required whilst osteointegration is occurring?
- Patients budget.
Due to technological advancements, it has now become possible to select dental implants that fit a wide range of circumstances. Therefore, dental implants are selected according to compatibility and suitability of the oral condition.
This includes the following considerations for selection:
- Implants vary in length and width to accommodate the space in the jaw that requires a new tooth. So, a narrow implant is selected for lower front teeth whilst a wider one may be required for replacing molar teeth. A shorter implant is selected when there is insufficient bone and bone grafting is not a possibility.
- There are innovative surfaces created to encourage optimal osseointegration of the implant to the bone. These include the encouragement of bio-physical connections through cell-sized channels lasered into the implant surface; micro-mechanical integration; and a fluoride-modified nano-structure.
- The threading of the screw-like shape of the implant can be designed to be deeper to create good primary stability which is great for immediate loading cases. There are varying levels of aggressiveness depending upon the brand of implant.
- The unique design of the implant can be chosen according to the treatment objectives.
- The material the implant is made of also varies and is selected to match the patient. This can include porcelain implants as well as those made of titanium alloy.
Implants are a way of permanently replacing missing teeth.
Implants are more stable than other forms or tooth replacement and are completely non-detectable.
For the most affordable Implant options speak to the dentist or take a look at our InHouse Dental Plan or 0% financing option to see how you can save on your Implant costs.
For Implant options in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, contact us today for your free consultation to discuss treatment and pricing options.